If you ever wonder what Mya is up to, read on...


 

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

When you have a baby, you get little surprises every day. For instance, one day she is extremely fussy, and the next day she is as sweet as pie. Today she was the latter, and I loved it. Arlene and Brady came over. Unfortunately, Mya was asleep the whole time. She woke up a little bit to eat and then went straight back to dreamland. AC came over later in the day and he was nice enough to put her swing together. Franny also came home early from work. The craziest thing that happened today involved her poop. She pooped a really big one...to the point it overflowed out of her diapers and onto her back. I know, gross! Franny told me he checked her just an hour beforehand and she only peed. I was asleep upstairs when this whole fiasco occurred and was awoken by Francis' yell for me to go downstairs. After getting her clothes off and trying to clean her back off, you know what she ended up doing? Yup, she peed on the changing pad and on us. This is the 3rd time she has peed on us mid-change. We couldn't help but crack up. So funny. We ended up getting her upstairs and in her bath. Of course, she threw a fit. And I hate seeing her in such a dilema. She gets so cold. Does anyone have any tricks on the best way to bathe infants? Even with all the chaos, we love having her in our life. And I just love being a mommy. My gosh, am I really a mom? Sometimes, I still can't believe I'm actually a mommy. When Franny left to go to the bank and to get some food, Mya and I just took a nap together. It feels so good to hold her in my arms. She makes every moment funnier, sweeter, and more real.



4 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger franchise said...

Papa here, that was one huge Gi-normous Poo! It spilled onto her back and all over her clothes, went on her feet, onto the couch. Yikes! To add insult to injury, she decided to pee on us! I'm glad I had just put the changing pad underneath her.

Yup, I love being a papa, and I love those moments when I hold her, too.

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jo,
Juliana had that happen, too. The poop went up her back. ILLL. haa haa.
Anyways, do you wash her each time you change her or do you just use wipes? When Juliana got older we started washing her, and she likes the feeling of the water, and now she loves bathtime.
DOes Mya turn all mottled when you bathe her? I watched the newborn video Kaiser gave out, and when they bathed the newborn, they still had a very thin towel wrapped around the baby so he/she didn't get cold. Am I making sense?

Does Mya sleep with you two? Juliana does. And so did Isabella. And to this day, we're still trying to get Isabella out of our room. But I love it..

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Jo said...

We didn't get a video at the hospital on how to bathe her. We just watched as they gave her her first bath the day she was born. But I don't like the tub we have here. It really doesn't support her. We need one that let's her sit down...maybe then she will like bath time.

She sleeps in the crib in her room or in her travel crib downstairs, or even on the couch by herself. Sometimes she will sleep with us, but it's rare. We love sleeping with her, but we know she'll get used to it, so we don't do it often.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger franchise said...

My niece, Kayla, just stopped sleeping with her parents and she's already 11 years old! Be careful or there goes your love life!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home