If you ever wonder what Mya is up to, read on...


 

Sunday, January 08, 2006

All growns up!

Mya is definitely walking. She just takes solace in knowing that the sofa and ottoman that surround her are soft landing pads. Everytime she walks she purposefully speeds up at the end and loses her balance forward to softly land on the furniture. She is also saying "mommy" much more often, but I take pride in tha fact that her first word was "dad". And she said that when she was 5 months old! It's taken her 7 months to learn her third word, "mommy" (her second was "dog").

She is learning lots of little things now. We've got her trained on all the basic tricks like winking, close/open (her hands), flying kiss, bye-bye wave, etc. She's also playing more with her toys. I've been trying to reinforce certain words, colors, and concepts whenever she shows/gives me something. She's definitely got her manners down. She often gives me things willingly and I say pleasantly, "thank you!". She loves that.

I read her an Eric Carle book before she goes to bed at night. I think she likes the cadence of the words and the tone that I use. She loves the blinking fireflies at the end of the firefly book. But since she's a big eater, she loves her hungry caterpillar book! Thanks Auntie Jess, Uncle Neil and Enzo for the books!

Right now, she's got a fever, a runny nose, and a cough. I hope I didn't get it from my co-workers who are sick. It's tought to keep sicknesses away from these little boogers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home