Mya is 8 and a half months old and she is becoming more and more active. When she is downstairs in the living room, she has a fascination with our CD player. She is very skilled at turning it on and off...and even changing the songs! LOL. Her newest thing is opening doors. Of course she can't open them when they are fully closed, but if they are open a little...she will crawl over to it and open it. She is crawling around our room as I type. She likes to crawl to the master bathroom to look at herself in the mirror in front of the walk in closet. Then we play chase and she chases me around the room. Haha. She's pretty fast, but she still can't get me yet...
Yesterday she did something that I just had to write in here. We were downstairs and she was playing with her toys on the carpet. She crawled over to our brown leather ottoman and stood next to it as she often does. She uses her hands to support herself while she is standing. And sometimes plays the ottomon like a drum with her hands. I love it when she does that. She does this while she looks around the room or while she watches her baby einstein dvd. I left to see if there was any mail and quickly came back into the house...when I did, she looked at me and laughed. I responded back with smiling and clapping my hands. You know what she did? She then clapped her hands 3 times...while standing! So she was standing by herself. It was so adorable. I couldn't believe it! It was the first time I saw her balance on her own. When she was done clapping, she put her hands back on the ottoman. She didn't fall on her butt like she usually does. I couldn't wait to tell Franny. Our little baby will be walking in no time. She's growing up way to fast!
P.S...She also likes to attempt to french kiss herself when she's in front of the mirror in the walk in bathroom.


2 Comments:
she's just like me! I love to look at myself in the mirror...
btw, I was there too, and I saw her stand up momentarily! I think you were too excited to know that I was even there.
Post a Comment
<< Home