If you ever wonder what Mya is up to, read on...


 

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Happiest Baby on the Block

Been reading this book, and it's working really well. I sorta skimmed through it 2 months ago, when MJ was born. And I learned about the 5 S's: swaddling, putting her on the side or stomach, shushing, swaying, and sucking. I did all of these things, but Mya would still be a little fussball at times. I also knew to try to burp, feed, change, play and pay attention to her when she was fussy. But when none of these worked, I employed the 5 S's.

Little did I know that it had to be done in a specific sequence, and in a specific way! When I finally did it correctly this evening, she was soothed in minutes. Everyone who has a baby should read this book and/or watch the video.

2 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Sometimes when she's in that state where she's sleepy but wants to stay awake...I will put the pacifier in her mouth and hold it with one hand while holding her arms with my arm. Then jiggle her softly. She will fall asleep fast.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Vangie Fuhrman said...

yes, i've seen that doctor when he did his rounds of promo for the book, it was really impressive how the babies would be soothed. i also learned that it's as noisy as a vacuum cleaner inside the womb, so don't worry about noise around the baby. how about that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home