Hear, hear!
Today, Mya passed her hearing test. I was so happy because when we were discharged from the hospital the day after she was born, she passed the diagnostic hearing test on her left ear, but not her right. A week later, we performed the same test in Palo Alto, with the same results. We were getting really worried about it, and Jo was even researching the development of children with partial hearing. Finally, after some confusion with our insurance, we were able to get an appointment with the California Ear Institute, and today, Jo and Uncle AC had an appt. for MJ at 8 in the morn.
The test lasted more than three hours, and Mya was crying like a bancshee through most of it. Jo knows more than I do, because she was there the whole time to soothe her. I swear that woman is the baby whisperer. She's so amazing with Mya. She even had to hold her for that amount of time, and her arms got a huge workout. Mad props to the wifey for having the patience and understanding to go through that whole ordeal. Big ups to Uncle AC for waking up at the crack ass of dawn and taking my two ladies to their appointment. And for also having to endure Mya's pleas for help. She was poked, prodded, had probes stuck on her, and big ass hearing equipment stuck in her little tiny ears.
After three plus hours, MJ passed her test! To top it off, she actually has better than average hearing in both ears! Go figure. I knew she was a smart cookie, but I didn't know she could endure a three plus hour test under pressure and pain. SAT's here we come....I'm thinking Berkeley or Ivy League.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home